Sex Crimes Aggravated indecent assault

by | May 27, 2019 | Sex Crimes

In the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, one of the more serious Sex Crimes that an individual can commit is the act of aggravated indecent assault. child endangerment This offense is defined under section 3125 of the Pa criminal code. An individual commits this offense if they penetrate the genitals or anus of another without their consent. In addition, there are a number of provisions that are outlined in the statue. In total, there are eight provisions that are listed. With aggravated indecent assaults the offender uses force or threat of force, there is no medical, hygiene, or law enforcement reason for the penetration, drugs or alcohol may have been used to make the alleged victim unaware of the offense, or the alleged victim was unconscious during the commission of the act. Aggravated indecent assault is a felony of the second degree. If found guilty, an individual can face up to ten years incarcerated in a state facility.

This Sex Crimes statue of Aggravated Indecent Assault is similar to the statute for indecent assault which is a separate but serious offense. In an indecent assault case, the essential element of the statue revolves around indecent contact with an unwilling individual or indecent contact with the offender’s bodily fluids. cyf investigations The difference between the two similar statutes is that in an aggravated indecent case there is penetration, however slight, and in and indecent assault case there is none. If the aggravated indecent assault is committed on an individual that is under the age of thirteen, the penalties become a lot steeper. It is upgraded from a felony of the second degree, to a felony of the first degree and if found guilty a sentence of twenty years can be imposed. Due to the serious nature of the crime if you have been charged under this statue, it is important to seek legal representation. The attorneys at the Bellwoar Kelly, LLPare experienced attorneys who will fight to get the best possible outcome given the facts of your case.

FindLaw Network