Criminal Defense Chester County ARD Program

by | Oct 24, 2018 | Criminal Defense

One program that criminal defense clients frequently ask about during consultations is the Chester County ARD program. DUI/DWI The ARD program provides a program for non-violent First-Time offenders. This program permits these first time offenders to have their criminal charges withdrawn and expunged from the criminal docket. This program consists of several different aspects and lasts a minimum of 6 months to a maximum of 24 months. The Chester County ARD program is supervised by the Chester County Adult Probation Unit. While on this program, an accused is frequently required to perform community service, receive drug and alcohol counseling, pay a fine of at least $1,500 and pay back any and all restitution. If you are a first time DUI offender or have been charged with a non-violent crime for the first time in a 10 year period then you might be eligible for the ARD program. Contact the lawyers at the Bellwoar Kelly, LLP for good legal representation and to see if the ARD program might be a good fit for you.

In order to be considered for the Chester County ARD Program in a Criminal Defense case you must be eligible for admission. The listed offenders must not currently be on probation or have a prior history of violent offenses or have been convicted of any crimes during the previous 10 years. Drug Impaired driving Offenders are required to waive their right to a preliminary hearing, and must be a legal resident in the United States. Offenders are also required to complete a drug and alcohol assessment, and a ARD application. The ARD application requires an applicant to list truthfully all crimes that he has been either charged with or convicted for. This list shall include summary offenses, which range from speeding tickets to running stop signs. If an applicant is accepted into the ARD program and complies with all conditions he will have his charges dropped and criminal record expunged. If you are someone who has received their first offense and would like to proceed with a clean record, contact a lawyer at the Bellwoar Kelly, LLP for assistance in possible entry.

FindLaw Network