Chester County Sex Crimes Attorney
If you have been accused, or are under investigation for sexual assault or indecent assault or any form of sexual assault, contact Bellwoar Kelly, LLP immediately to discuss your case and charges with an experienced Chester County sexual assault lawyer.
Indecent assault is a sex crime that is defined by Pennsylvania 18 pa.c.s 3126, which reads in part:
§ 3126. Indecent assault.
(a) Offense defined — A person is guilty of indecent assault if the person has indecent contact with the complainant, causes the complainant to have indecent contact with the person or intentionally causes the complainant to come into contact with seminal fluid, urine or feces for the purpose of arousing sexual desire in the person or the complainant and:
- The person does so without the complainant’s consent;
- The person does so by forcible compulsion;
- The person does so by threat of forcible compulsion that would prevent resistance by a person of reasonable resolution;
- The complainant is unconscious or the person knows that the complainant is unaware that the indecent contact is occurring;
- The person has substantially impaired the complainant’s power to appraise or control his or her conduct by administering or employing, without the knowledge of the complainant, drugs, intoxicants or other means for the purpose of preventing resistance;
- The complainant suffers from a mental disability, which renders the complainant incapable of consent;
- The complainant is less than 13 years of age; or
- The complainant is less than 16 years of age and the person is four or more years older than the complainant and the complainant and the person are not married to each other.
Indecent assault may be charged as a misdemeanor punishable by imprisonment up to five years and or as a felony, punishable by imprisonment in the state prison for seven years. In addition, a conviction will mandate registration as a sex offender under Megan’s Law.
Chester County Attorney Defending Sexual Battery Charges
With offices located in West Chester, Pennsylvania, sex crimes defense attorney Evan J. Kelly handles sexual assault and indecent assault cases throughout Chester County, Montgomery County, Delaware County and Berks County.
Chester County Sexual Assault Lawyer
Chester County sexual assault defense lawyer Evan Kelly offers a free confidential consultation to those facing any type of sex crime charge. During this consultation, Evan Kelly will review your situation, answer your questions and assist you in order to help you avoid a conviction for this serious offense.
Contact Chester County sexual assault attorney Evan J. Kelly today!.