Legal Guidance For Starting Your Business Off On The Right Foot
Launching a new enterprise is an exciting milestone. It also comes with many nuanced legal considerations. What kind of business entity should you form? What are the legal and tax implications of each type of business entity?
At Bellwoar Kelly, LLP, our business formation lawyers can address these questions and assist you with all aspects of business formation, including:
- Choosing the right entity to ensure the long-term success of your business
- Drafting and filing the articles of incorporation or organization, assumed name, bylaws and other governing documents
- Establishing a solid structure for corporate governance
- Preparing legal notices, meeting minutes and other aspects of observing corporate formalities
Fledgling businesses of all sizes from diverse industries rely on us as a key legal partner in starting their business off strong. We also assist with contracts, employment issues and other ongoing business law matters.
Selecting A Business Entity
Establishing a business entity is a crucial part of starting a new business. Depending on the goals and vision for your business, you might consider:
- A sole proprietorship, which offers the advantages of ease and simplicity but without the liability protections or potential tax benefits of forming a separate business entity
- A limited liability company (LLC) or professional limited liability company (PLLC), both of which protect owners from personal liability
- A partnership, whether a limited partnership, limited liability partnership, general partnership or other variation
- A corporation, which may be an S corp or C corp, depending on the desired tax treatment and stock offerings
Our business lawyers can advise you on the strategic considerations that go into selecting a favorable business entity. We can then prepare and file the appropriate documents.
Learn More About Business Formation
Our business formation attorneys are excited about helping new business clients make their vision a reality. To learn more about working with us on your business formation, please reach out to us online or by phone at 610-314-7066. We have multiple convenient offices in West Chester, Kennett Square, Media and Pottstown, Pennsylvania.