Were You Injured By An Uninsured Motorist?

Motorists are required to carry a minimum amount of car insurance under Pennsylvania law and have the option to purchase additional uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage. Many drivers opt in to carry uninsured motorist (UM) and underinsured motorist (UIM) coverage as well. The small amount of “extra” money on your premium can ensure that your medical bills will be covered in the event of an accident with injuries.

Were you injured by a motorist who did not have insurance or who carried only the minimum amount of insurance? Bellwoar Kelly, LLP in West Chester, Pennsylvania, can guide you through the complexity of a UM/UIM claim. Schedule a free consultation with one of our personal injury lawyers by calling 610-314-7066.

How Do My Medical Bills Get Paid?

If you were injured by an uninsured motorist, you may seek compensation for medical bills in one of two ways:

  • If you carry UM/UIM coverage, your own insurance company will reimburse you for your medical bills, lost wages and other losses.
  • If you do not carry UM/UIM coverage, you would pursue a claim against the at-fault driver. The problem then arises that most uninsured drivers do not have the money or assets to compensate you adequately, and then you will be stuck with the expenses.

Our personal injury attorneys are highly adept at navigating the complexities of uninsured and underinsured motorist claims. We are experienced in analyzing individual insurance policies, negotiating with insurance companies and finding creative methods to obtain maximum compensation for our clients.

Whether you were injured in a hit-and-run accident and are unaware of the identity of the person who hit you or you were injured in a car, truck or motorcycle accident caused by an uninsured motorist, let us help you.

Call Us For Your Free Case Evaluation

Are you searching for a West Chester law firm to help you in this confusing legal matter? Call Bellwoar Kelly, LLP at 610-314-7066 or contact us online.