Facing The Threat Of Deportation?
Deportation is a frightening prospect — especially when you’ve built a life in the United States. Your family, friends, job and community may all be here. If you arrived as a child, this country may be the only home you have ever known.
Deportation (also called removal) doesn’t just mean starting over. It can also stand in the way of your ability to get a legal immigration status down the road.
Don’t Face It Alone
At the Bellwoar Kelly, LLP in West Chester, Pennsylvania, we understand what’s at stake. You can count on our immigration attorneys for knowledgeable, experienced and aggressive representation.
Our legal team is made up of skilled trial lawyers and negotiators. We know how to stand up for you in the courtroom.
We will take a close look at your situation to pinpoint any weaknesses in the government’s case against you. We will also determine whether you have any grounds for remaining in the United States or avoiding a formal removal order. These defenses might include:
- Adjustment of status if you otherwise qualify for a green card
- Asylum if you have a credible fear of persecution in your home country based on certain protected grounds
- Withholding of removal or relief under the Convention Against Torture, which won’t grant you legal status but will avoid deportation and make you eligible for work authorization
- Cancellation of removal if you can show that deportation would cause undue hardship on your child, spouse or parent (who must be a citizen or green-card holder)
- Relief under the Violence Against Women Act if you or your children have been victims of domestic abuse
- Voluntary departure, which will avoid the immigration consequences of a formal removal order
Sometimes, deportation cases come up after a criminal conviction jeopardizes your green card. Because we have experienced criminal defense lawyers on our team, we understand the interplay between immigration and criminal law.
Find Out How We Can Help
For trusted guidance on any aspect of deportation defense, contact our lawyers at 610-314-7066 or toll free 800-648-9946. We offer free initial consultations with no obligation.
Se habla español.